Mac OSx Screen Saver, created using the source file of itself! 🙂
Letters are the source code of the Screen Saver project (APScreenSaverView.swift).
Every refresh a letter is extracted randomly from file.
Some special characters are colored differently.
To run screensaver on your Mac, you must install it.
- Select from target PaskySaver and click build, next open Products folder, select Pasky-Saver.saver, right-click and select “Show in Finder“. Double click to install in osx.
- To debug instead, select from target PaskySaverApp and click Build And Run.
This example is created adding an NSTextField every time on screen and removing the oldest one.
In a perfect world, this should be done in OpenGL or drawing in drawRect refresh cycle.
The view to show in the Preferences->Screen Saver as Preview.
The setting view
If you want to improve, you’re welcome.
Download sample code here: https://github.com/elpsk/PaskySaver
- Swift / C – Lock macOS programmatically - 10 August 2020
- Swift – Identify misspelled words and errors in phrases - 27 July 2020
- iOS – Symbolicate crash logs from published application - 12 July 2020